Every undergraduate in the Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering is a member of the Engineering Society. Founded in 1885, it is the oldest formal Engineering organization in Canada. Together with its constituent “course clubs” (one for each program), the society plans and operates many student activities and services. It is the focal point for that traditional unity of spirit among Engineering students, which is the envy of other groups in the University and which continues throughout its members’ professional careers. The society operates the engineering stores, which supplies students with most of their school supplies and instruments. In addition, it deals with matters of policy relating to student academic affairs, and has representation on the Faculty’s governing body, the Council, and its working committees.