The Music Committee is dedicated to providing rich and diverse musical concert offerings featuring students and professional musicians to the campus community. We provide opportunities for novice student musicians to participate in Open Mic’s and in our annual U of T Idol competition. Classical, jazz and urban contemporary concerts are also produced by the committee throughout the year. The Music Committee is also responsible for publishing, editing and providing content for an annual print issue, DEMO and maintaining an online presence for the online magazine.
The Committee runs the following events:
– ‘Stages’, which features an eclectic mix of urban contemporary, folk, indie and world music.
– ‘Open Mic’
– ‘Jazz at Oscars’ live jazz every Friday evening in the Arbor Room.
– Sunday Concerts- great classical and world music concerts monthly in the Great Hall.
– Midday mosaics- Noon Hour Recitals and eclectic musical offerings by students and recent grads on intermittent Wednesdays.
– U of T Idol- a singing competition for students with a live band and great prizes!
– Special events- as they arise- a great opportunity to collaborate and plan new activities
For more information, please visit: