The purpose of our organization is to foster a welcoming and inclusive community that celebrates Turkish culture. We aim to provide a safe platform for students of all backgrounds regardless of race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation or religion.
The objectives of our organization are as follows:
- To promote Turkish culture by organizing cultural/ social events and workshops that showcase various aspects of Turkish heritage, including art, music, cuisine and history
- To raise awareness and foster open dialogue about Türkiye’s contemporary issues through campaigns and discussions
- To enhance and support the academic experience of our members by offering educational resources, mentorship opportunities and study groups
- To actively connect with the University of Toronto (UofT) and University of Toronto Mississauga Student Union (UTMSU) communities through outreach programs, community service initiatives, volunteer opportunities, and collaborative partnerships with other student clubs and organizations; all aimed at making a meaningful and positive contribution to the university
- To facilitate cultural exchanges with other student clubs and organizations, aiming to foster a deeper understanding and appreciation of Turkish culture, as well as to learn from the rich traditions of other cultures