● To create a positive space on campus for all genders and sexual orientations by
accepting everyone who wants to join our group, and conducting meetings and other
● To create a social support network for self-identified women in computer science
programs and courses at the University of Toronto, St George Campus by conducting
meeting and other social events.
● To provide and/or contribute to outreach and diversity programs for prospective and
first-year self-identified female students in Computer Science by encouraging them to
come to our meetings and collaborating with some high/secondary schools.
● To promote networking and informational opportunities for our members by providing
information about latest conferences and talks and funding some members to attend
● To prompt a dialogue related to diversity/minority issues within technical and scientific
fields, particularly with respect to computer science and related disciplines by attending
meeting to other groups like Women in Computer Science/Engineering and inviting
guests or faculty member to talk about related topics.
Undergraduate Women in Computer Science Student Association (WiCS) St George