United for Literacy student group at UTSC is recruiting Program Managers to be a part of our Organizational Team (executive team) for the 2023/2024 academic year!
2-4 hours a week.
What is the OT?
The volunteer Organizational Team (OT) plays a key role in helping organize, coordinate and support the United for Literacy program at UTSC. The OT is comprised of volunteers who started as tutors in the program and chose to take on a higher level of commitment and responsibility to support the literacy program on campus. Applicants with experience working with youth can also apply to directly become OT members.
Most of our Organizational Team members are Program Managers. Program Managers commit 2-4 hours a week to lead a group of volunteers at a specific community partner program site. Program Managers plan out the weekly sessions, are the main point of contact for their volunteers, communicate with the Chair and Coordinator regularly, and make a portfolio of their program at the end of the school year.
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Dependability, flexibility and open-mindedness
- Previous experience as a volunteer tutor in the program or previous experience working with youth
- Current U of T student
- Commitment to United for Literacy’s mission, values and literacy work
- Meet with the other OT members and the United for Literacy Community Coordinator on a regular basis to discuss and plan the program
- Assist with key program tasks during the year, including program promotion; volunteer recruitment, screening and training; organizing volunteer social and recognition events
- Provide ongoing support and supervision to tutors and learners
- Ensure quality programming at your program site
HOW TO APPLY
Email us your resume and a short note of interest at firstname.lastname@example.org!